Friday, January 1, 2010

The Journey Begins

Quote of the day: "If you're unhappy, the thing to do is ask yourself, 'What am I choosing to believe about my life and my Self?'" - Jill Ouikahilo

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to only make choices in your life based on the desire of your heart and soul? I mean, really choosing to do what you want to do (not should do) in all areas of your life, free from the worries of money, what other people think, the economy...your rational mind?

I do. All the time, which brings me to the adventure that begins today. I have vowed to live 2010 as an experiment of destiny and faith, and to document it daily with this blog, "Irrational Joy." (I have two silver-and-black plaques hanging on the wall in my writing room that are decorated with chinese lettering for faith and destiny. They inspire me all the time). The only choices that I make this year are those which are aligned with my best self, hopes and dreams. I will no longer allow the fear of not having enough money, too many bills, health care, and so on and so on, dictate the way in which I live my life. It may be an experiment that effects my life personally, but it will be for everyone...all of us who feel there is something more to life, who believe it and know it to be so.

I'm tired of playing it safe. I need more. I want more, so much that I am no longer paralyzed by the fear of "lacking." If living more joyfully and in alignment with my true self requires big, bold and what would could be considered "foolish" decisions by others, then so be it. I have stepped on the faith walk and there is only one way to go, forward. Let us see what happens...

This year, my experiment of "Irrational Joy," is about the unwavering commitment of the human spirit to follow its bliss. It may not be pretty. It may get messy, but it will be completely and solely faith driven. I'm not talking about dogmatic faith tied up in rules, commandments, laws, etc. I'm referring to faith in the source of all creation. Faith in the source that brings forth the unseen to be seen...and for it to be documented for all to share, take part in, discuss and dialogue.

I dream about what my life would look like and feel like if I made choices based on beliefs of abundance and prosperity, coupled with feelings of joy and bliss. On the contrary, I've come to a place within my life experience that I more often find myself making choices due to my fears and beliefs of not having enough. I've recognized that this unconscious, self-defeating and debilitating thought process is creating a painful life experience. So, I have a clear choice to make.

I choose joy, unattached. Nothing rational about it.

This is an experiment and an adventure. A complete faith walk. A mystery. I really don't have any idea where I'll end up in a year from now. I could be standing in the same place that I started this journey. And if that is so, I will be satisfied and complete because it will be through the daily awareness of spirit guiding me in the world without becoming of it.

I've always heard people question the power of faith. I've questioned it myself at times, but in the core of my being, I know it is precisely the belief in faith, the unseen, the unknown, that allows life to be magical. I yearn for this magic. I've lived it before and seen its workings. It has come in and out of my life, as I have led that dance. It's always there, though, waiting to dance once again.

This blog is solely about the journey over the next 365 days. I invite you to join me. I've been journaling my inner most thoughts and feelings for the past 12 years, and now it's time for me to take it to the next level. If I ever hope to make my dream of becoming a published writer come true, I need to get myself out there...so, here I am.

Until tomorrow.

Happy New Year, 2010!

2 comments:

  1. Great Idea Jill...

    I look forward to following your journey!

    Sending you lots of Love and Aloha...

    In Faith,
    KLF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am along for the journey Jilly- Love You!!

    ReplyDelete