Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Once Upon a Daydream

Quote of the day: “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen

The flow of today has been quite the hustle. I had a deadline to meet at work and I had been putting off the majority of the work until today. Even though my morning and early afternoon felt like a blur, I’ve completed the tasks before the time. Perfect.

In taking a moment to breathe and connect with the world outside of my head, I am inspired. There’s not one particular person, place or thing that is inspiring me; just the mere fact of being alive. However, one of the best parts of being alive is having the ability to daydream.

Hello, my name is Jill Ouikahilo and I’m a daydreamer. Big time.

I love to drift off in warm, feel-good thoughts. It’s so comforting and inspiring. Sometimes these daydreams motivate me to act in a way that supports my best Self. Other times the daydream stays right where it is—in the dream. Not every daydream is meant to come to life, but what about the ones that are supposed to come to life? How are we to tell the difference?

For me, I decipher which dreams will be worth it—where the joy in the essence of the dream outweighs the struggle that’s required to bring it to fruition. I’ve been daydreaming about my future…what I want it to feel like and look like. I already know from personal experience that living a dream isn’t always easy and doesn’t always feel as good as it did when it was a dream because of what’s required to sustain it in this physical world.

This I’ve learned well. It’s taught me to be more selective in my daydreaming searches and has prepared me for the next venture.

Per the quote of the day, I do believe there are no perfect conditions and that there is never a time that everything is just right. Life is messy, kinda like my closet. All we need to do is pick up one piece of clothing at a time, and little by little, it will be clean. And just when it gets clean, it will get messy again. So is life. All we need to do is choose to live now, today, and act in a way that supports the dream because it is in the present moment that we create our future.

Do something today that supports your dream of tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment