Thursday, February 18, 2010

In Attendance

Quote of the day: “There is not a moment when I do not feel the presence of a Witness whose eye misses nothing and with whom I strive to keep in tune.” - Mahatman Gandhi

In an odd way I feel very connected to today’s quote. I use the word “odd” because it’s hard to imagine myself feeling a level of self-awareness that relates to Gandhi’s, for he is an ultimate…an authentic master. However, I get what he’s saying.

Today, I didn’t want to blog. I haven’t felt very connected all day. I’ve been forcing myself each and every minute to wake up, pay attention and stay present. Again, this is a common occurrence by Thursday of my current work week. It’s the fatigue setting in. So, I didn’t want to blog because I didn’t feel like I had anything to say except for, “I’m tired.”

When trying to connect during moments of such fatigue, it's necessary for me to work through the fatigue to be able to connect, if that makes any sense. So, in essence, I must really feel it to get through it, and some days, I'd much rather not feel it at all. I'd rather just live in survival mode and push through. But to write, I must connect, and to connect, I must feel.

Must we always feel?

There has been this “witness” lingering around me, watching me with silence. It doesn’t need to speak because I already know what will be said. It’s a feeling of accountability.

So I fully feel and understand what Gandhi is saying here. The witness is “me” watching me. I do strive to keep in tune. Even on my most tired days I still feel its presence, and I’m here today, showing up, faint and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment