Saturday, February 6, 2010

Freaky Friday

Quote of the day: "Most people believe in God, they just don't believe in a God who believes in them." - Neale Donald Walsch

Friday's day of rest was spectacular.

It started off with a sleep-in. T0 put it in the sweet words of my husband, who rises each morning by giving me a kiss, "I don't want to see you downstairs at 8 a.m."

I rose at 9 a.m. It's funny how our concept of "sleeping in" changes as we age. When we're teenagers, we can sleep until noon. When we're college students, we can sleep until 2 p.m. When we're young women, post-college, we can sleep until 10 a.m. Now, in my early thirties, sleeping until 9 a.m. feels like an eternity...and it felt great!

When I woke, I knew what I needed to do to start the day right, but there was an underlying anxiety riddling through me. There were a few work tasks demanding my attention, so I quickly grounded myself by settling into the present reality of me having free time and space. Basically, I talked myself through the anxiety, telling myself I had plenty of time to complete the tasks after I take some time to read, reflect and rejuvenate my spirit.

I guess the professional world would call this time management.

As I normally do, I turned to one of hte books on my coffee table that instantly speaks to my spirit. It's one of those books you can open to any page, paragraph, or sentence and find meaning to comtemplate. I always find it interesting to see what page I open to, as if there is a reason to opening that page in that particular moment. Yesterday's passage was poetically perfect.

It was all about the Illusion of Need. I've read this explanation numerous times, but it is saturated in layers of understanding, so you can read it over and over and still find new meaning. Well, yesterday's read proved to be quite fruitful. I understood the teaching with a new awareness in my mind, body and spirit.

To believe the Illusion of Need is true, we then live in a constant state of fear...fear that our needs won't be met. To see the illusion for what it is, an illusion, we can use it to understand and experience the truth that our needs are alwaysmet. Case in point, if I look back to how I came to be at this particular moment in time, I would see that my needs have always been met because I am here. I may not have experienced all that I wanted, but I always had all that I needed, for I am here.

Neale Donald Walsch talks about the Illusion of Need being the first and strongest of illusions. It is the base of which all other illusions are created. To see the illusion for what it is and to be able to use it to experience that which you are is the Garden of Eden, for there is no fear, but a rooted trust in knowing that all will be taken care of.

The second area of understanding that rocked my world yesterday was the quote of the day, "Most people believe in God, they just don't believe in a God who believes in them." I felt a shift in my body after I read this. There was a feeling of deep understanding.

I realized this entire faith walk, which has been about documenting how my life changes this year through a commitment to God (faith) and destiny, is not fully what I am doing. I've always had faith. I've always trusted in a higher presence and lived my life accordingly. My faith has been tested at times, but it always remains. What I haven't done is lived my life with the belief that God believes in me. This is where the blog is taking my faith to a new level. To believe this...to know what this validation and support feels like is undoubtedly the most transformational knowing of all.

It removes the fear of your needs not being met, plus it removes the wanting of approval from others...parents, lovers, friends, colleagues, etc. Believing that God believes in you and will support your dreams, well, that's the pinnacle of support--the alpha--the omega.

Who needs a loan from the Bank of America when hyouc an borrow from the Bank of God?

Needless to say, it was a valuable rest day. Insights were had and th epath continues to shape its course. It's been quite the adventure so far.

To be continued...

Quote of the day: "Most people believe in God, they just don't believe in a God who believes in them." - Neale Donald Walsch

No comments:

Post a Comment