Monday, February 8, 2010

Wait and Hope

Quote of the day: “All human wisdom is summed up in two words; wait and hope.” —Alexandre Dumas; Writer

I wholeheartedly believe in today’s quote. If my life was a song, the statement “wait and hope” would be the chorus. Try singing it…wait and hope, bump bump bump, wait and hope, bump bump bump, wait and hope, bump bump bump bump…

I wait for the right time to act. I hope for the best to happen.

In continuing my study of the Illusion of Need, I experienced a bit of déjà vu. In understanding the illusion and realizing we have nothing to fear, we then have nothing to be afraid of. With nothing to be afraid of we become fearless. Then, everything becomes an adventure.

In that moment, I remembered journaling something about how life used to feel like an adventure to me. I flipped only a few pages back and there it was, written in my temperamental handwriting: Life IS an adventure!

When writing this I wasn’t consciously thinking about how all my needs are met and that there is nothing to fear. I was thinking more along the lines of me wanting to break free from the monotony of life, to take risks and let life show me what to do. I was needing change…spontaneity…excitement.

But what I see now is underneath my need for change was a yearning to live fearlessly and in confidence that all my needs will be met, regardless of the situation. This would be described by Neale Donald Walsch as using the illusion for its intended purpose to experience that which you truly are. And then, we are to become that which we have always dreamed of.

Imagine that. Becoming what you dream yourself to be?

The challenge always lies in not falling to the belief that the illusion is true: that all my needs will NOT be met; that I SHOULD be afraid.

I used to feel as if it was so risky and daring to trust in God, or the Universe, or whatever higher power there is, and that all my needs will be met. Now, I don’t see why they wouldn’t be met. I believe in God and I believe God believes in me. So, I should be all set, right?

Let’s wait and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment