Monday, March 8, 2010

Fool's Gold

Quote of the day: “Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none had ever happened.” —Libbie Fudim

Today the sun shines brightly and warmly through the basement windows in our office. I can see a glimpse of the clear blue sky. It’s calling me. It’s pulling at me, but I am stuck, chained to my desk. The computer screen sitting before me has become my sky. But unfortunately, when you stare off into the computer screen you don’t get that warm, fuzzy, I-can-do-anything type of feeling. Instead, I get a fried-brain feeling.

Normally, I would throw myself outside in this beautiful day to exercise on my lunch break, but I wasn’t able to. My break was eaten up by campus-meeting No. 3, which was with another woman in a different department. I continue to follow the recommendations of those made to me as if I’m following clues to a treasure chest. With each meeting, I hope to find the gold. Today proved to be yet another clue.

Once again I was graciously received by a dynamic woman. She not only listened to me and shared with me logistical understandings of how the University functions, she also brainstormed project ideas. What a gracious woman. Yet, I still walked away with more unanswered clues.

After today’s meeting, I’m feeling a bit weary. Intellectually I know that three meetings is nothing. We’ve all heard stories of people triumphing after having door after door slammed in their face. I’m amazed at the tenacity of those people. What passion and drive they must have had to continue on. I am inspired by those stories.

With faith and a belief in a God who believes in me, I will continue on. I must. I just need to hang out at base camp for a bit to restock and refuel. That’s all. Then I’ll be ready to set out on the next treasure hunt.

In the meantime, while I’m restocking and refueling, I’ll continue to peak my head around the large corner cabinet that blocks my view to the outside world and soak in as much sun as I can. In the present moment we create our future and my hope is for a future of career fulfillment. So in this moment, I must trust in the truth that my needs are met and have always been met.

No comments:

Post a Comment