Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Not Wasting a Minute of Sleep Time

Quote of the day: “Hold fast to dreams. For if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.” —James Langston Hughes; poet, novelist

I applied for a job today. I don’t know what got into me.

When I read the Sunday newspaper I always glance at the Classifieds. Most of the time I’m not actually looking for job, though I always feel like “you never know!” So, on Sunday, when I was doing my usual glancing, a posting caught my eye. Words like communications, manager, part-time, flexible schedule and benefits pulled me in, not to mention the name of the company. I know the company. I’ve worked for the company. I’m actually a huge fan of the company. So, I thought to myself, “Why not?”

Do I want this job? I don’t know, but I don’t have to know to apply.

So I did. I sent in all my stuff this morning. I should know by the end of next week if I’ll be called in for an interview. Hmmm.

Getting up in the morning is getting harder and harder. I’m sleeping later and later. My husband and I were both laughing at me this morning because I am waking up so late now for work that I literally am giving myself less than 30 minutes to shower, get ready and BE at work. Poor guy. He doesn't know if he should wake me for fear that I won't ever get up, or if he should just let me be in this space of awfully late wake-ups. You’d think I was still in college, sleeping until the very last minute possible before class starts. I was laughing at myself because it’s actually pretty terrible. I say that with love.

I know it is just a matter of weeks before I make the leap. Time is passing and the countdown has begun. I find it odd how I am feeling less anxious today about the leap than I was back in February. As I get closer, I feel more relieved, not fearful. I still don’t have any concrete plans to earn income, but that’s part of the journey…the project. It will work itself out. Until it doesn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment