Friday, March 5, 2010

My Glass Slipper

Quote of the day: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." - George Carlin, comedian/entertainer

The joy of weekend freedom once again woos me through another work day, pushing and pulling me through each tick on the clock tower. I’m so happy it is Friday.

As soon as the little hand reaches the five and the big hand reaches the twelve, it is as if I’ve turned into my princess self. My motored chariot awaits me and off we go…into magic land.

Tonight I don’t care what I do or don’t do. We either go to the ball or we don’t. C’est la vie (such is life). All I care about is that I’m now a princess and not a servant. No more scrubbing, sweeping, or cleaning. No more orders to follow or rules to obey. It’s now my turn to be in charge.

Thoughts of the weekend have the power to do that – make me feel high and hopeful. They pick me up out of an enclosed space and place me in an open field. I can breathe big, deep and full. I can feel the grandness surrounding me. It’s precious.

As with Cinderella, the stroke of midnight will come for me, but not until forty eight hours from now. In the meantime, I have a fantasy to fulfill…and a dress to kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment