Monday, March 22, 2010

Sweeter Than Chocolate

Quote of the day: “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” —John R. Wooden; retired basketball coach, author

The author of today’s quote seems fitting for the March Madness craze that has literally struck the office of my “day job." This week we are one of four sites hosting the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games. So, needless to say, there is a lot of hustle and bustle in the office, not to mention very stressed individuals. I’ve never worked a regional game, so I don’t feel stressed, but everyone around me has and is starting to steam.

There’s not much downtime today in the office, which I prefer, though I wanted to give voice to my Self who patiently awaits her turn to express all that she witnesses. As my fingers grab moments to type in between phone calls, I’m inclined to write about the importance of BEING and the delicate balance of BEING and DOING. I spent some time this weekend reviewing some passages in “The New Earth,” and I appreciated Eckhart’s explanation of WHO we really are. He describes the truth of us as our essence and everything else as just our ego. That is who we are according to his teachings.

Hmmm. I get that.

So as I sat still this weekend, allowing myself to feel from the inside out, to lose myself in the feeling, the essence, I found great rest. It was incredibly calming.

However, when I opened my eyes and stepped back into this world, I felt more lost in it than before. I could hear my to-do list calling me, but it felt so difficult to shift gears and begin the doing. I understand intellectually the truth in being still while doing, but my body doesn't understand it yet. Or, maybe not my body. I don’t know. All I do know is there’s still a disconnect because there is no ease in the transition. It’s still a major struggle to be in the sweet spot of being and doing.

It seems like when you’re so involved in the doing and doing and doing, it’s easier to get things done. But when you take a moment to be, it feels more difficult to do.

I don’t know. I just don’t see yet where they meet. How the worlds comes together. I yearn for them to. That is my greatest wish…my deepest desire…to live in the sweet spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment