Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pained Within

Quote of the day: “Let the beauty that we love be what we do.” —Jalal ad-Din Rumi; persian poet, mystic

What an inspiring quote. If only it were that simple. Well, is it?

Are we able to let the beauty that we love BE what we DO?

I guess it’s how one defines “do.” My instincts want to define it as our job, our work, our career…whatever it is that allows us to earn money. But maybe this definition is limiting. Maybe “what we do” can be more accurately defined as our actions, responses or initiations to each moment in life. Therefore, allowing the beauty to guide us at all times regardless of our job description.

And then maybe, the job or career will work itself out through the mere act of living out such beauty. Imagine that? Could it be so?

I can only hope.

As I walk this path of dedication to emotional and spiritual fulfillment as my life’s reality, I continue to turn within each day to reconnect with the beauty. On some days, I am guided by it. On other days, I am lost by it. Today, I am annoyed by it because I feel alone in it.

Moments like these happen naturally. I must not negate or berate my Self because of them. They only mean that I’m aching for stillness, within and without.

On a physical note, I have been experiencing the worst stomach pains all afternoon, which is very uncharacteristic for me. I’m not sure what is going on, but it is quite uncomfortable. I feel like I am never going to get through this day! Someway, somehow there has got to be a connection here. Hmm…..

May the beauty that you love be what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment