Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Change Has Come

Quote of the day: “The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart - this you will build your life by, and this you will become.” —James Allen; philosophical writer, poet

A few weeks ago I blogged that I applied for a job I saw advertised in the Sunday classifieds and that I wasn’t sure what got into me. Anyways, I was contacted for an interview. I am very appreciative of the opportunity to learn more about the position and I look forward to connecting with the people during the interview. However, I am actually witnessing myself changing as a result of this journey I began three months ago and it’s pretty cool.

Side note: The journey didn’t really start in January. It started lifetimes ago, but you know what I mean.

The sort of changes I am referring to are my reactions. Although I am excited to learn more about this opportunity, I don’t feel desperate to take it, out of control or needy, even though I know I will be jobless (on purpose) in just over a month. I actually feel this sense of ease and confidence, not fear of the unknown. To be honest, I feel more of a sense of relief! And I don’t feel an intense level of pressure to know right now. All that I do know is I need to take some time to retreat, reflect and rejuvenate before I can know.

It’s as if I am becoming grounded in a completely new way … in a way that I have dreamt of, hoped for and wished to be true for this stage of my life.

First, with the major leap in my career life into the abyss and now with the major leap to become a dog owner in my personal life, I am at the beginning stages of living in alignment with my deepest desires.

This is cool. Very cool.

On the downside, as I become less stressed about the job situation, I see my husband becoming more. My heart aches for him. I know he feels a greater burden and my hope isn’t for this to be so. I would never wish for my joy to create more pain for him.

How the intertwining of lives creates this ebb and flow…ying and yang…

So it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment