Friday, May 14, 2010

Making Room For You

Quote of the day: “Finding the right work is like discovering your own soul in the world.” —Sir Thomas Moore; poet, singer

Today’s quote sums up everything I have been trying to express this week to my colleagues about my resignation. It is now out there, official news, in my office. Whew.

The passing of time is such a fascinating thing. Since January I have been writing about making a big change in my work life. I’ve been working to build up the spiritual, emotional and mental courage to resign from my current position without necessarily having an idea on what I will do for work. And now, five months later, I have verbalized my resignation to my entire office. The day has come and gone. It happened. I did it. My desire within has been spoken. It’s really happening.

What a relief.

How very cool. It feels wonderful now, even though I may be freaking out later, or maybe not.

On a synchronistic note, this week, the very same week I formally announced my departure to everyone, I received two phone calls about potential dance and drum contracts for me, not Biboti. This has never happened before, partly because I never considered my talents to be noteworthy of conducting such a workshop and also because I don’t think Biboti did either. Now, both of us immediately felt these inquiries were better suited for me and not him. Very interesting…

Soon enough my faith will be fully tested once my magic month of rest and retreat comes to an end and it becomes necessary for me to find a way to earn money. I trust in this process. It’s already happening, I think. I believe in my creative self more today than I ever have. And with this belief comes confidence in there being opportunities for me to express it as part of my work in the world.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Step out in full faith. Time for tea!

    g.

    ReplyDelete