Friday, July 9, 2010

And So It Is Here

It’s here … my last day in the office. I’m getting ready to head out in just a few minutes.

Seven months ago when I started this blog, the reality of me stepping away from my current employment seemed untouchable. Since it has provided my husband and me a steady source of income and benefits, it felt impossible to give up. Yet, the impossible turned out to be possible and I’m letting it go, with peace, joy and gratitude in my heart.

I’m not sure what the future holds. The only thing I am sure of is that tonight, at about 5:30 p.m., I will be on my way for a summer Columbia Girls gathering (my college girlfriends). Perfect timing, right? I couldn’t have asked for a better way to transition into this next stage of my life.

My husband always tells me to not make a big deal out of the decisions I make, such as leaving this job. He says, “Decide like it’s nothing; no big deal, and move ahead. Don’t act like it’s a big deal.”

I understand his advice. It makes sense logically. There’s no need to give it more than what it is, a decision. Yet, there is an emotional and spiritual aspect to this decision that isn’t so much drawn to creating drama around it, but to honoring the passage.

Thanks for walking with me.

I look forward to sharing the events, feelings and insights that unfold over the next five months. The whole intention of this blog was to document for one year the journey of making decisions in life based on the commitment to living aligned with our innate joy and bliss. It is an experiment, a test of faith and destiny. Could it be possible to actually make decisions that don’t seem logical, but that answer the call of the spirit, and that it turns out not just being OK, but perfect, whole and complete?

It’s not about grandness, but precision.

It’s not about knowing in advance, but trusting.

Only time will tell.

Quote of the day: “The world is not interested in what we do for a living. What they are interested in is what we have to offer freely - hope, strength, love and the power to make a difference! ” —Sasha Azevedo; Entertainer

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment